The Most Memorable People in the World
by Jobs 4 Grads Now
Pop quiz (and it doesn’t count if you look up the answers.)
- Who were the highest paid CEO’s for the past 3 years?
- Who were the last three Heisman trophy winners?
- Who were the last three winners of the Miss America pageant?
- Who were the last three winners of the Pulitzer Prize for Literature?
- Who were the last three recipients of the Nobel Peace Prize?
- Who won the last three Academy Awards for Best Actress? Best Actor?
So, ho did you do? You probably left more than a few answers blank. Well, don’t worry, you are not alone. Few people remember yesterday’s news. And that’s what these folks are. Sure, they’re the best and brightest in their fields, the wealthiest, the most attractive, and the most successful. But sooner or later, the applause dies, the beauty fades, the awards tarnish. And wealth? Well, you really can’t take it with you.
Okay, now try this quiz:
- Name three teachers who helped you get through school.
- Name three friends who helped you through tough times.
- Name three people who’ve taught you valuable lessons.
- Name three people who’ve made you feel loved and appreciated.
- Name three people whose company you enjoy.
- Name three personal heroes whose stories have inspired you.
Bet this one was easier. The people who truly make a difference in our lives are rarely the ones with the biggest names, the most money, or the greatest number of accolades.
They are the ones who care!